Sunday 24 November 2013

Travelette : Day 3 in Brisbane

I had the privilege to start off my morning by attending a powerful service in Hillsong church.
Again, it was a great experience coupled with an impactful message!


Outside Hillsong church....


A little sneak peek inside Hillsong church during worship *forgive my shaky hands!


For lunch, we travelled a little all the way to Inala. Inala is sort of like a small Vietnamese town. There is a small square area where fresh produce are sold there. 


Some of the produce sold there.


They even sell siew mai (Chinese meat dumplings) and pau (Chinese buns) which were enormous in size! Very different from what we usually get in Malaysia that is about one third of what they have here.


I also stumbled upon a couple of huge bananas. I had a friend pose with her hands just to show the comparison as to how huge the bananas were! Totally different from what we can get in Malaysia.


And this is part of the lunch we had in a Vietnamese shop. The crispy chicken rice (left) is just to die for! 
The iced coffee is also great! It was a great meal indeed. x
* Oh and did you know that Vietnamese noodles, Pho is actually pronounced as 'fur' ? Thanks to Alison who taught me that!


This is pretty much what you see along the highways. You may see lots of huge signboards and warehouses which again, is pretty different than in Malaysia.

Later, we went for more groceries shopping. Yay.
We went to Aldi and Coles, again. Which was kind of fun. 
*for some reason I love groceries shopping, don't ask why. It's just a girl thing, I guess. 


I came across something really cute. If I had kids they'd be wearing that for the whole month of Christmas! 


Next was something new to me. My first ever hailstone experience! It started raining and my mum was outside. Suddenly, there were marbles sized ice falling down from the sky! Sorry if I sound overexcited but it was pretty cool!


Ice falling...


The size of the hailstones were not huge but definitely painful if you were running in the street with these hitting you all the way! 
It happened kind of quick. I think it was just about 5 minutes or so.

In the evening, I had this great opportunity to visit the lovely Mt. Coot-tha!
Along the way, we weaved through the central city area. Here are some shots as to how Brisbane city looks like!



The view from the top of Mt. Coot-tha is just breathtaking.


The Summit Restaurant


The view from the top of Mt. Coot-tha.


And guess what I saw! A wild turkey!


The night view on our way back, the Eye.


Again, the night ended with a wonderful dinner! Thanks to our lovely hostess, Aunty Lynn!


Peri-Peri chicken and Middle Eastern flavoured chicken.


And carbonara Ravioli!

Andddddd. I made a new friend!
*drumrolls


Meet Mick! And he eats Yoghurt! 

No comments:

Post a Comment