Saturday 23 November 2013

Travelette : Brisbane - Day 1

I was pretty knackered on Day 1 so I'm blogging about my first day in Brisbane now!
I had a pretty great way to start off my morning - the sight of a heavenly sunrise, from the plane!


We got off our plane pretty early in the morning and first arrived at the lovely home of our wonderful host and hostess, Uncle Steven and Aunty Lynn.

The house was just superb. It was just like in the movies, a driveway, a lawn, a backyard and a cozy house. Plus the breezy weather, it was perfect!

The sun was pretty glaring here in Brisbane but it wasn't hot at all. It was chilly in fact. Lovely weather though!

Since this is my first visit to a Western-ish country, my heart is fully captured by Brisbane!
Every where you go, you see people smiling, flowers blooming and you can even hear birds chirping!
We spent an afternoon in Southbank and the place was great. We took a stroll around the place and across the bridge to reach the CBD (city area). Here is some photos we took there!


There were lots of flowers planted all around.


People lazing in the parks.


And the man made pool/beach.



Anyway, it was a nice place to go about but be prepared for tons of walking!

We spent the later part of the day shopping for groceries. And gawd, I can definitely live in Australia. No complaints! *the Greek yoghurt is just simply to die for!
And don't get me started on the fruits! They were definitely different from what I usually see in Malaysia.
Just to mention two of the vast variety available.


The left one is a nectarine - basically a breed of plum and peace, and it taste awesome!
The right one is a mango. Only bigger, sweeter and better!

Later in the evening, we managed to join the Friday service in Hillsong.
Ermigawhd, the vibe is just superb.
The crowd were so on fire and the preaching was impactful! The praise and worship, as expected, was anointed and amazing.

So that's more or less my first day in Brisbane! I may sound a little overexcited but oh well, Australia is just wonderful! x

No comments:

Post a Comment