Wednesday 15 April 2015

Thoughts that are stranger than fiction

I just finished watching 'Stranger than Fiction' and it was beautiful.
xx
does it ever occur to you that
everything we do in life, affects someone in one way or another.
we are never the author of our (life)books and regardless of how well we plan it
- what is meant to be will be.
of course we have the occasional determination to strive towards something we call dreams,
or the odd morning you wake up and decide to grab a coffee,
meeting someone you wouldn't have met if you had decided to stay in bed instead.
subtle things we do everyday, habits, decisions - all these lead to something.
does the thought ever come to you that you being five minutes earlier saved you from a car accident?
I have.
every second and minute of our lives seems to be drafted in a way, a mere difference in reality may result in a total change of history - strange isn't it?
xx
someone once asked me, if there is a book written about your entire life, even your death, 
placed right in front of you - would you read it?
my answer to that is this.
I don't think I believe that I have a book written definitely about my life ever.
I'd like to think that it changes by the day, hour, minute and second as it passes by, rewriting itself as I make decisions, meet new people, run thoughts across my head.
xx
what then is the end?
of course I always believe that out of the endless possibilities out there,
there is always a couple, if not one, route which would be the best for me.
that is when the occasional voice is needed to guide you.
it can be God, your conscience, your mother (no joke),
or that little you inside that talks to you sometimes.
but nevertheless it is rather unknown, at least for now.
but then again, now is all we have, isn't it?
xx
and to quote 'Stranger than Fiction'
'Sometimes, when we lose ourselves in fear and despair, in routine and constancy, in hopelessness and tragedy, we can thank God for Bavarian sugar cookies. And, fortunately, when there aren't any cookies, we can still find reassurance in a familiar hand on our skin, or a kind and loving gesture, or subtle encouragement, or a loving embrace, or an offer of comfort, not to mention hospital gurneys and nose plugs, an uneaten Danish, soft-spoken secrets, and Fender Stratocasters, and maybe the occasional piece of fiction. And we must remember that all these things, the nuances, the anomalies, the subtleties, which we assume only accessorize our days, are effective for a much larger and nobler cause. They are here to save our lives'. 
*you wouldn't understand the highlighted part without reference to the movie but
it is basically little things you have in your life which more often than not goes unnoticed*
indeed,
sometimes we forget,
we let things go unnoticed,
we take people for granted.
but all in all,
if every turn at every corner shows me what I should be grateful for,
rather than what I should regret,
- I think it is a life worth living.



No comments:

Post a Comment