Monday 13 October 2014

They love me; they love me not.


 
"Loves me, loves me not..."
Remember that thing we do when we're small?
 
 
when we pick the petals of the flowers, hoping that the last petal will end at "loves me"
so that yay, someone loves me.
 
x
 
truth is : we still do it now.
minus the flower - maybe.
 I mean, let's be honest.
everything we do, it's all for the love of someone else.
 
especially with social media around,
every like, every status, every photo.
when you're hoping for
 
 
but in reality...
 
 and if you come back after 2 hours without a facebook notification, you go :
 
 
now don't get me wrong.
I'm an avid social media myself.
there's nothing wrong with that (I guess)
x
what i'm trying to say is that sometimes,
its like the way we pluck the flower petals when we were small,
trying to see if (someone) loves us or not -
in the midst of chasing the idea of adoration by everyone else,
we may lose the beauty of things around us;
or sometimes destroy beauty (of some sort) in order to reach the beauty everyone else paints,
- just like the flower's petals we plucked.
 

 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment