Saturday 21 June 2014

Life as we want it

we always try to be the authors of our lives,
and yes, there are things that are predestined,
but I believe that no one is ever granted a bad life,
regardless of your circumstances.
x
I may not be able to tell you how,
(if only I knew how)
but I can tell you a short story I came across.
x
recently, I was having lunch at a busy coffee shop.
there were two particular stalls that were busy with people queuing just to place their orders.
I stood near one of the stalls and soon I began to notice
that the couple running the stall was screaming their heads off at each other.
"get the soup", "where's the next order", "my grandma work faster than you"
yes, the heat is almost unbearable, the pressure is high,
the queues are getting longer by the minute.
so the screams were totally understandable, right?
x
that was when I noticed the other stall.
even though they were just as busy,
the atmosphere was of a different tone.
the couple spoke softly and patiently,
they laughed when either on of them made a mistake,
and smiled at customers who were complaining that the line was too long.
x
then I realized that yes, there may be times your surrounding determines your happiness - times when you allow that to happen.
both are in the same circumstances,
same heat, same long queues, same pressure -
but the way they addressed it was different.
as much as circumstances may affect your life,
you are the ultimate author of your life.
x
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment